Algorithm formation of complex marketing communications
Effective marketing communications company policy is impossible without the formation of complex events. The algorithm is complex planning of marketing communications in Fig. 42.
The starting time of formation of the complex - the definition of its objectives. These objectives include: to attract the attention of consumers, the formation of knowledge about their products or services enterprises beliefs about the value of goods and services for the solution of problems of the consumer. In other words, it is - ultimately - to stimulate demand, increase sales, improve the image of the company and its products, maintaining market share and so on. Tasks should be defined clearly and specifically that will help monitor their performance, make appropriate adjustments in case of any complications. Defining the problem, you need to focus on the available means, to consider possible obstacles (Fig. 43).
Thus, the definition of tasks of marketing communication needs:
-doslidzhennya market: capacity, concentration of customers, their behavior, availability and features propozytsiy1 competitive and substitute products;
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, market conditions, applicable law and the rules of conduct in a particular market;
- Research product: the level of market innovation, degree of differentiation, image, rrl packaging causes and nature of complaints of consumers, the level of accompanying services;
- Research marketing communication channels: The state branching, value, experience and loyalty communicants;
- The study of the distribution system, availability and branching of distribution channels, system state intermediary companies and organizations, a variety of trade practices, qualifications and experience of sellers.
Analysis of the situation related to the formation of complex marketing communications requires a detailed study of the target audience and the desired feedback. Target Audience complex marketing communications company - is a current and potential buyers of its goods or services, ie those persons who will use them or affect decisions about their purchase.
It is to them the company would appeal in the communication process, so you need to know as much about their behavior, system of values, habits, motivation, lifestyle, daily routine, the attitude to the product, as its willingness to buy more. This allows you to properly direct the information to receive desired feedback.
One of the key elements of the process of marketing communications is to appeal. Developing it must first solve such problems. The first one is to determine what exactly to say, that is what should be the content of the appeal, how to use it attractive to some consumers rational, emotional or other motivation. The second problem - how to say it, how to enhance the impact of the appeal to the consumer through the form of embodiment of an idea. The third problem - when and how many times to say that the appeal has reached a specific target audience was attractive and has fulfilled its task.
Appeals must convey to consumers promptly and effectively. So the next stage of the formation process of marketing communications - the choice of distribution. To do this, first, choose appropriate channels of communication - personal (experts, consumers, personal sellers, marketers, etc.) or impersonal (media system, public events, exhibitions, fairs, etc.), And secondly - media, while taking into account such features that make authoritative information carrier, such that deserves the attention and trust of the audience. These features can be honesty, integrity, professionalism and charm.
The penultimate stage of the formation of complex marketing communications have a choice of effects. A list of these agents, their advantages and disadvantages are shown in Table. 20.
Choosing leverage should take into account the following points:
1. Which group of consumers focused marketing communication. The subjects of the target audience may be industry, government and private organizations, retailers or wholesalers, service organizations or end users. In each case choose a means of influence that will provide the desired results. Thus, it is clear that industry is the most effective personal selling or sales promotion, while for end users - advertising and promotion.
2. Stage of product life cycle. Based on this factor, choose a means of influence that best match the task of marketing communications. Thus, the stages of development and implementation of product on the market the main task - to inform consumers; the stages of production deployment and commercial sales - convinced consumers zoseredzhuvannya their attention on the benefits of good; the stages of maturity and market saturation - "maintenance" customers, a reminder of the presence of their products or services.
3. Product description. This group of factors include:
- Technical complexity - that it is higher, the greater the effort and cost of communication, the greater the need to use personal selling and direct marketing;
- A measure of risk consumers (risk of loss of money, time, image, and social and physical risk);
- That it is greater, the greater should be efforts to marketing communications, the slope of the use of propaganda and sales promotion;
- The level of additional services - it is higher, the more powerful and diverse to be complex marketing communications.
4. Strategy channel distribution. The so-called push strategy pays most attention in marketing communications reseller personality as the main actor. By "pulling strategy" means use direct impact on consumers.
5. Geographic location (concentration) of consumers. With such a concentration of less important it becomes such leverage as advertising and promotion.
6. The process of making purchase. Here in the definition of leverage is the main solution to the problem of choosing between their mass and individual types (Fig. 44).
The implementation process of marketing communications expensive. In this regard, particular urgency is the determination of the required budget that funds needed for these processes. There are several approaches to calculating marketing communications budget.
Budget is progressive calculation based on the goals and objectives of the company. Its progressiveness is in the process of marketing communication invest such amount of funds necessary for the implementation of all planned activities.
But it is not always possible given the available resources of the company. So also are other methods. Thus, the known method is "prior appropriation for marketing communications, increased by a certain percentage." This approach is used when a company takes a goal of strengthening the market (increasing market share, sales volume, development of new segments, etc.). It is clear that this method is not applicable to the latter stages of the product life cycle, and if the company intends to get out of this business.
Famous is also the method of calculating the budget based on competitive parity. This company is trying to appropriate to implement a range of marketing communications is not less money than its main competitor.
You can also use the method of calculating the budget on a "certain percentage of the amount of sales." He puts dependent amount of appropriations for communication on the volume of sales. However, this method is inappropriate when sales are falling, because in this case the cost of communication should increase, not decrease.
Sometimes used method of calculating the budget by analogy (based on costs, which are considered rational for this or any other field) and the principle of "everything is possible". The latter is typical of the residual method of calculating the budget, and hence its main drawback - the balance may not be, or it will be too small to achieve the goal of marketing communications.
The last stage of formation of a complex of marketing communications - adjustment channel feedback. The purpose of this step - organizing the flow of information about the extent of achievement of set appropriate goals, tasks communication. This information enables timely appropriate adjustments, which increases the efficiency of complex marketing communications company.