Propaganda (public relations - English. Public relations; publicity - publicity, publicity) - Organization of public opinion conducive to the successful operation of the company, achieving his goals.
The purposes of propaganda is to improve the prestige and reputation of the company, formation and increasing consumer interest in its products or services, consumers' belief that the activity of the company is aimed at resolving their problems, increasing degree of loyalty to their own staff, and state of the market for enterprise distribution commercially sensitive data through the media, ultimately creating an enabling environment in the surrounding business environment.
The action targets promotion of public (consumers), the media, government agencies, shareholders, suppliers, intermediaries, their workers and employees of media sector, other companies and organizations.
Propaganda - one of the most important elements of the system of marketing communications. Especially it is important in the service sector. Here the main feature and propaganda, which is the flow of information from independent, objective source and therefore makes the most effective in terms of promoting nematerialnosti services. After all the media place promotional materials in time and space and content, based on their interests (unless such facilities are completely independent of the source of information). Control of the enterprise content publication schedule and method of presentation is minimal. This is what creates such publications around the aura of objectivity, increased confidence in their contents.
There are some forms of propaganda.
We must, however, recall that the study of advertising appeal and its tradition of media, advertising department work company or advertising agency that serves the enterprise does not end there.
There are some very important aspects of this work, namely:
1. Maintain contact with the electronic and print media. This enables coverage in the press or on television all the events that occur in the enterprise: the emergence of new products, the introduction of new or improvement of existing production facilities, development of manufacturing processes, signing major contracts, access to new markets or increase sales more. For coverage of these events and invite correspondents that are relevant interviews or make yourself a message to the press (press release). This message always has a title that reflects the essence of the event, a summary of what happened (within the same paragraph), and explain the content of the event by providing the relevant facts.
2. Conducting presentations, commemorative events, open house. Such promotional activities allow you to acquaint consumers with the company or its products, to create an atmosphere of trust in them, establish friendships.
3. Organization counseling consumers. This form of promotion is particularly important for consumers new high-tech products. It strengthens the partnership enterprise with customers, establishing a system of long relationships with them, helping consumers properly and fully use the possibilities of production and thus solve some of their problems.
4. Public events sponsorship character, that now support various special projects or programs (sponsorship campaign to combat hunger, disease, charities measures to protect nature, rare animals, the financing of sporting events, festivals, performances of artists, various public forums, etc. ). These activities contribute to the popularity of the company, the dissemination of information about it and its products, improving its image.
5. Holding of exhibitions. Participation in exhibitions company products or services provides information to consumers about the variety and quality characteristics of its products, a clear demonstration of its capabilities, to familiarize consumers with new proposals enterprise, and thus improves image and conclude favorable trade agreements. In addition, the exhibition provides now obtain information about consumer needs and demands, behavior of competitors and resellers, that information, it is necessary for clear guidance in the surrounding business environment.
6. Creation of corporate identity. This is a relatively new kind of propaganda, which is now in use and its subsidiaries or branches of the same type of furniture, exterior facades of offices, vehicles, uniforms of employees, standard business cards, calendars, notebooks, envelope with the logo, address and telephone and so on. This form allows propaganda everywhere to disseminate information about the company, helps identify it in the market, increase prestige.