Kuznetsov. Fundamentals of management
An important component of management is leadership, i.e. the ability to influence people, to encourage them to work to achieve goals.
The title of leader does not automatically imply leadership. For many managers the ability to lead small, at the same time, some leaders don't fit well into management positions. Leadership and popularity are not one and the same quality. Popular leaders are not always the most effective. Sometimes leaders confuse being rude and aggressive behavior with effective leadership. Leadership is part of management, but not all control. If the person is a strong leader and a weak Manager, then people will follow to the complex goal.
However, the Manager is the number of professional requirements. It needs to have the following abilities:
1) conceptualization, i.e. to present the activity of the company as a whole and to adapt it to changing conditions of the business world. It must possess strategic planning skills;
2) efficiency, i.e., to possess the qualifications at the level of decisions;
3) analytic, i.e. to be able to effectively apply scientific methods of analysis, primarily quantification tools. He should be able to's diagnoses the problem and determine an alternative solution.
4) the ability of administrative decisions, i.e. to have the skills of organizational decisions and procedural matters.
5) komunikativnost, i.e. be able to convey their ideas and projects both orally and in writing;
6) communication skills, ie be able to build their relations in communicating with colleagues both within the firm and outside it;
7) having a certain level of technical knowledge, including specific knowledge necessary for formulating and solving management problems.
To each level of management, however, must meet various professional requirements, these requirements can be divided into three levels: high (), medium (C) and lower (N).
However, the concept of constraints comes from the fact that its managers have the opportunity to develop and increase the efficiency of their work. However, there are areas where they are not competent. Such actions of the Manager and are treated as constraints. Knowing such limitations, we can focus on those factors which impede the full realization of all personal capabilities of the Manager.
There are the following 11 potential constraints in the head.
1. The inability to control themselves. Leaders who can't control themselves (that's right "to discharge," to deal with conflicts and stress, effective use of time, energy and skills), limited to the management of the organization.
2. Blurred personal values. Managers must daily make a great many decisions based on personal values and principles. If personal values are not clear to themselves and others, they will be perceived in a distorted way. As a result, the efficiency of adoption and implementation of managerial decisions will be reduced.
3. The Manager is not able to determine your objectives, will not be able to achieve success in management is limited and unclear personal goals.
4. Inhibited personal development. The ability to self-development not only continuous learning, but also the ability to put into practice the knowledge acquired.
5. The inability to solve problems (to take decisions). The Manager, who suffers from this limitation, as the lack of skill problem solution, constantly allows himself to leave unresolved issues for later. As a result of accumulating a large range of problems that a Manager decide it is not.
6. The lack of creativity in the work. A creative person prepared to work under conditions of uncertainty. Managers are using in their activities the situational approach, able to play many roles in a timely manner to adjust their actions depending on the situation.
7. Inability to influence people. A key role in matters of personal influence plays a factor. For many people the impression of arrogance, demeanor, non-verbal forms of influence (gestures, appearance, etc.).
8. Lack of understanding of the specifics of managerial work. The basic idea of this restriction is to ensure that the Manager has achieved results, not personal labor and through the labor of others.
9. Low organizational skills. We are talking about a Manager's ability to "recharge" the energy of the team members, the ability to optimally organize the labor process.
10. Inability to teach. A good leader serves, among other things, and the role of the teacher. Training, in whichever form it was conducted, is a crucial element of managerial effectiveness.
11. The inability to form a team. Team-building is complex and contradictory. This is primarily due to the fact that indigenous interests and goals of its members have differences and conflicts (often personal goals and interests are in conflict with the goals of the organization). Therefore, depending on the degree of unity of the individual goals and attitudes of the group you can talk about the degree of collectivism or the degree of social maturity of the workforce.
In modern conditions a very important ability to strategic management that assumes the presence of the Manager of the five elements:
- the ability to simulate the situation;
- ability to identify the need for change;
- ability to develop a strategy for change;
- ability to use in the course of reliable change methods;
- ability to bring strategy to life.