Personnel policy of the enterprise. Workforce planning
Management of the Company
Personnel policy - the main direction in the work with personnel, a set of fundamental principles that are implemented by the personnel service of the enterprise. In this respect, the personnel policy is a strategic line of conduct in relations with staff. Choosing a personnel policy should consider the following factors, which are inherent in the internal and external environment of the enterprise, namely:
♦ the requirements of the production development strategy of the enterprise;
♦ financial possibilities of the enterprise and personnel costs, they are determined;
♦ quantitative and qualitative characteristics of available personnel and direction of their changes in the future;
♦ the situation on the labour market (quantitative and qualitative characteristics of labor supply by occupation of the enterprise, the terms of the offer);
♦ the demand for labour on the part of competitors and the level of wages, including;
♦ influence of trade unions, the toughness in defending the interests of workers;
♦ the requirements of employment legislation, working culture with employees and the like.
General requirements for personnel policy in modern conditions are:
1. Personnel policy should be closely aligned with the development strategy (or survival) of the enterprise, because it is a personnel support for the implementation of this strategy.
2. Personnel policy should be flexible enough: on the one hand stable and on the other dynamic. Stable should be those parties that relate to the interests of staff and are relevant to the organizational culture of the enterprise.
Dynamic allows for the timely adjustment of policies depending on the dynamics of production and economic situation.
3. Personnel policy must be economically justified, that is, to proceed from the real opportunities of the enterprise.
4. The personnel policy should ensure an individual approach to their employees.
Personnel policy forms:
♦ the manpower requirement at the stage of recruitment (education, gender, age, experience, level of special training, etc.);
♦ the "investment" in the workforce, to the purposeful influence on the development of one or other of the parties to the workforce;
+ respect to stabilization of team (total or a specific part thereof);
+ respect to the nature of the training of new workers in the enterprise, its depth and breadth, as well as retraining of personnel;
+ relation to intra-firm movement of personnel.
Workforce planning is a critical tool used in the management of staff. The planning work is based on the data on the availability of jobs, as well as their quantity and structure in a future period given the development of the production implementation of the plan of organizational-technical measures, and the number of employees, specialists and managers on the basis of the current governance structure and work on its improvement, staffing, plan of replacement of vacant posts.
The program includes a specific timetable and measures for attracting, hiring, training and promotion of employees that are needed to achieve the goals of the organization.
Input data for determining the required number of workers, their professional qualification:
• production program;
• production quotas;
• the growth of labor productivity;
• the structure of the work.
Consolidated payments needs demand, the company in frames (p) is determined by the ratio of output (Op) to planned performance (In):
More accurate calculations are performed for different categories of staff. The total demand for professionals and employees
depends on the complexity of fixed functions, span of control, degree of mechanization and automation of control features and given the typical staffing.
Future needs of enterprise staffing can be met from various sources:
• at the expense of persons seeking employment independently;
• according to the announcement, which gave the enterprise;
• in the area of employment Agency;
• ad those who are looking for work, and the like;
• from school;
• from your own team;